MSC Cruises | Safer Future Travel
Stress free cruising | Ensuring a safe, healthy and enjoyable cruise
The enhanced health and safety measures are designed to ensure that MSC Cruises preserves the holiday experience from booking to on board. MSC Cruises is continuously assessing developments in response to the COVID-19 situation and will adapt the health and safety measures as needed.
BEFORE THE CRUISE
ONLINE SERVICES AND INFORMATION
· The booking process will be updated with additional information and new terms and conditions. Collection of all guests' contact details will become mandatory so MSC Cruises can contact you prior to departure should there be any updates
· Effortless web check-in will allow guests to receive cruise tickets, travel documentation and mandatory health questionnaires
· Booking onboard packages prior to the cruise will be highly encouraged to avoid queues and secure space
· Health screening for all guests, including a mandatory health questionnaire (sent in the cruise ticket) and a contactless temperature check
· Newly designed processes for embarkation with assigned arrival times at the port to facilitate responsible social distancing and enhanced sanitation measures that follow the same high standards as on board
· Boarding will be denied to any guest showing signs of illness such as fever (≥37.5°C/99.5°F) or flu-like symptoms, including chills, cough, shortness of breath, muscle/body aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat and loss of taste/smell or in case of potential exposure to a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, in the 14 days prior to embarkation
ELEVATED STANDARDS OF SANITATION AND CLEANLINESS
· New sanitation methods including electrostatic sprayers to kill bacteria and viruses and use of hospital-grade disinfectant products
· Increased frequency of cleaning throughout the whole ship by well-trained housekeeping staff with a focus on high-traffic and frequently touched areas; public spaces sprayed with disinfectant each night
· Cabins cleaned daily with careful attention to regularly touched surfaces and additional deep cleaning at the end of the cruise
· 100% external fresh air supplied to all cabins and public areas, additionally sanitised through UV-C light technology (that kills 99.97% of all microbes) and no re-circulation of air between cabins or within the ship
ENHANCED MEDICAL SERVICES WITH HIGHLY QUALIFIED STAFF
· Daily contactless temperature check for all guests during the cruise
· In case of flu-like symptoms, guests should immediately notify the Medical Center and free treatment will be provided
· Increased number of qualified medical staff onboard, supported by dedicated ashore Medical Team all trained to deal with COVID-19 with a response plan in place with local authorities
· Fully equipped Medical Centre, including COVID-19 testing equipment and ventilators
· Dedicated isolation procedures for suspected cases and dedicated isolation zones with separate air supply
WELL-TRAINED, WELL-EQUIPPED AND HEALTHY CREW
· Extensive health screening and medical checks including COVID-19 testing prior to embarking in addition to daily health monitoring and temperature checks
· All crew will wear protective equipment, such as face masks and gloves
· Specific ongoing training for all crew on the new enhanced protocol
THE ONBOARD EXPERIENCE
MSC Cruises will preserve the uniqueness of the onboard experience while ensuring that the health and safety of guests and crew are protected. MSC Cruises will organise activities to ensure that guests can practice responsible social distancing. Guests will continue to enjoy unique experiences including award-winning shows, world-class dining, excursions, family activities, boutique shopping, beauty and fitness services, engaging events and much more.
RESTAURANT, BARS & LOUNGES
· Service will be adapted to respect social distancing: all meals and drinks will be served to guests at their table. At the buffet restaurant, self-service will be temporarily unavailable and the food will be plated and served to guests. For a contactless experience, guests will access restaurant and bar menus from their personal mobile device by scanning a QR code. To minimise risks, MSC Cruises has adapted the processes for ordering, preparing, delivering, consuming and paying for food and beverage services.
· It is recommended that guests go ashore with an MSC Cruises Shore Excursion, as they will follow the same high standards of health and safety as on board.
ENTERTAINMENT AND ACTIVITIES
· Newly designed activities with smaller group sizes will be introduced with themed events, fun games, kids and family activities, talent shows, fitness, dance and more. Theatre shows, activities and Kids Club will be available by reservation at no extra charge. Guests can browse the onboard programme digitally using MSC for Me* technologies and book their favourite activities by phone or in-person at dedicated desks. As the capacity of the theatre will be reduced to ensure social distancing, the entertainment schedule will be extended so all guests can still enjoy a great variety of award-winning shows.
OUTDOOR AREAS AND POOLS
· All open decks will be accessible and pools, whirlpool baths and the aquapark will be available with a reduced occupancy to ensure social distancing.
· Sunbeds will be separated to respect social distancing and sanitised after every use, with a deeper sanitation nightly.
GUEST SERVICES AND CUTTING-EDGE TECHNOLOGIES
· A new onboard Information Centre will be available by phone and remote desks will be set up on embarkation day to manage in-person questions to avoid queues. Guests should always call before going to any desk for information. In addition, guests will be encouraged to use digital services to find information such as MSC for Me*.
· Cashless payments will be highly recommended.
*MSC for Me digital programme (mobile app, in-cabin TV, interactive screens) is available on MSC Meraviglia, MSC Bellissima, MSC Grandiosa, MSC Seaview, MSC Seaside and MSC Splendida.